Basic Course on Technical Analysis
The basic training course on Technical Analysis is designed to explain Technical Analysis method which is the study of market/price action, primarily through the use of charts, for the purpose of predicting future direction of the market or instrument.
Technical analysis considers only the actual price behaviour of the market or instrument; based on the premise that price reflects all relevant factors considered for security analysis.
- Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH), Implication in DSE
- Difference between Fundamental Analysis and Technical Analysis
- Introduction to basic charting techniques, OHLC Charts, Candlestick Chart etc.
- Introduction to trend analysis, how to determine trends
- Support and resistance level analysis, practical implications
- Candlestick formation and chart pattern analysis, implications of major candlestick patterns etc.
- Technical indicators, their definition and use (MAs, Bollinger Band, RSI, MACD etc.)
- Technical trading strategies using Technical Analysis
- Introduction to Filanta Market Today Technical Analysis software
- Lecture and discussion on Basic Technical Analysis
- Chart analysis, visual presentation
- Trading experience sharing
- Exercise on trend recognition using technical software and price data
Expected outcome of the course:
After Completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of Technical Analysis
- Recognize basic charting techniques
- Determine the direction of the market, trend analysis and trading decisions
- Understand market support and resistance levels and trading decisions
- Know basic technical trading indicators and how to take decision based on those
- Develop a trading plan based on technical trend and information